Blue Sky CBT is a Psychological Therapy Service based in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Face to face therapy sessions take place in East Belfast, whilst remote sessions are available to clients based anywhere in the UK and Ireland via Skype and Zoom.
Blue Sky CBT was founded by Alison Rankin who has 10 years experience in the counselling and psychological therapies profession and is passionate about supporting clients to enable then to overcome mental health problems and facilitate emotional wellbeing. Alison is an accredited CBT counsellor and psychotherapist with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
I adopt a holistic and person centred approach to psychological health and emotional wellbeing. I have always been curious about the importance of the mind-body connection in mental health and wellbeing and supporting a healthy connection and alliance between mind and body is an integral part of how I work therapeutically. My core modality is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. I also integrate a number of third wave evidence based cognitive behavioural therapies and specialist psychological therapies including compassion focused therapy, mindfulness and meditation practices and yoga.
I work collaboratively with clients to enable them to break the vicious cycle of negative thinking, feeling and behaving through Cognitive Behavioral Psychotherapy. I have completed training in the UK, Ireland and America and I continue to train and upskill myself in evidence based psychotherapies to offer my clients the psychological support they need to feel better and effectively address the problems they are experiencing in their lives. My work is supported with regular clinical supervison. .
- Psychology Bsc (Hons)
- Cognitive Behaviorual Therapy; Post-graduate Diploma
- Food and Mood in a Therapeutic Setting; National Counselling Society accredited course
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training; Yoga Alliance Accredited
- Yoga Teacher Training; 200 hours, Yoga Alliance Accredited (currently completing -2020)
- Yoga Enhanced Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (Y-CBT); Massachusetts, America
- Accredited Member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Member of British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)
Change the way you think and feel with CBT
It’s so easy to keep struggling while hoping that things will get better. But why wait to start improving how you feel about life?
If you are ready to take that step to make change happen, I’m here to help.